My previous experiences with diet food led to giving up all diets forever . Diet recipes were completely tasteless and made me miserable. All I could think was to find a perfect excuse to get off the diet and taste some delicious food.
But, surprise, there are healthy and tasty recipes! Just try the recipe below. Only 5 ingredients, 15 minutes to prepare and wow, some flavors! Use some red wine left from other dinner parties and salmon (fillet or other pieces).
- 250 milliliters dry red wine
- 2 salmon fillets without skin (around 150 g each)
- few sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a sauce pan combine the red wine with thyme and honey and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to simmer and add the salmon fillets.
- Cover the pan and let salmon to simmer for about 5 minutes on each side. From time to time, baste with the wine if the salmon fillets are not completely covered.
- Remove the salmon from the pan with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Increase the heat to high and boil the wine until reduced to half.
- Take the pan from the heat and gradually whisk the butter until the sauce will thicken a little. To make it easy, cut the butter in little cubes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- There you go! The recipe is ready to serve. Put the salmon fillets on plates and spoon the sauce over.
- Serve hot with broccoli, potatoes or just a nice green salad with a dash of black vinaigrette (balsamic vinegar & mushroom soy sauce). Enjoy!